LearnAboutWine.com presents The Cabernet Dinner at JAR
Thursday, June 8th @ 6:45 pm PST
Since 1995, LearnAboutWine.com has been an industry leading wine tasting experience creator! And we return again with another rendition of “The Cabernet Dinner” at the iconic JAR restaurant in Los Angeles. At “The Cabernet Dinner” guests taste 21 wines, valued over $6,000 worth of 96-100 point Cabernet; three at a time; blind! And pick their favorites before they are revealed and discussed…. This occurs over a five-course JAR steak dinner designed by the legendary Chef Suzanne Tracht.
This is about as much fun as you can have wine tasting! Fast, fun, and amazing! This flight of wines was inspired by the theme of “Get to know the producers, and the names of the winemakers” “Learning about the brands defining the future of Cabernet” - we lean into the past, and into the future to see what the new top producers are doing to advance this amazing industry. This event is limited to 21 people - reserve your seat here before tickets sell out.
96-100 Point Dinner - “Taste the of Cabernet Brands of the Future”
Get to know the names of the winemakers that are changing the industry!
- Ad Vivum, Cabernet Sauvignon, Sleeping Lady Vineyard, Napa Valley, 2016 by Chris Phelps - 96 Points; Made by Chris Phelps (Formerly of Dominus)
- Addax, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, California, 2019 - 94 Points; Made by Russell Beven (Beven, Institution, Chateau Boswell)
- Arkenstone Vineyards, Estate Red, Napa Valley, California, 2018 - 98 Points; Made by Sam Kaplan (Momento Mori, Vangone)
- Cardano, Reserve, Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak, California, 2019 - 95 Points; Made by Ed Schneider
- Carte Blanche, Beckstoffer Missouri Hopper Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, California, 2019 - 97 Points; Made by Helen Keplinger (Screaming Eagle, Keplinger)
- Castiel Estate, Cabernet Sauvignon, Howell Mountain, Napa Valley 2019 - 97 Points; Made by Celia Welch (Scarecrow, Corra, D.R. Stephens, Staglin Family Vineyard)
- Hundred Acre, Morgan's Way Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley 2019 - 100 Points; (No brand has more 100% scores than Hundred Acre - in the past 15 years)
- Mauritson, 'Loam' Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma County, 2018 - 94 Points; Made by Clay Mauritson (Beekeeper, Charlie Clay, and Mauritson)
- Maybach Family Vineyards, Amoenus, Napa Valley, California, 2019 - 98 Points; Made by Thomas Rivers Brown (Schrader, Senses, Shibumi Knoll, Pulido Walker, and many more - click here to read)
- Melka, "Metisse" Jumping Goat Vineyard, Napa Valley, 2018 - 98 Points; Made by Phillipe Melka (Lail, Grieve Family, Vineyard 29, Roy Estate, Hundred Acre)
- Mount Eden Vineyards, Cabernet Sauvignon, Santa Cruz Mountains, California, 2017 - 97 Points; Made by Jeffery Patterson (Now in his 32nd year)
- PIÑA, Cabernet Sauvignon, 1882 Grant, Howell Mountain, Napa Valley, California, 2018 - 95 Points; Made by Anna Monticelli (Bryant Family, Ilaria, Tether)
- Pulido Walker, Cabernet Sauvignon Mt. Veeder Estate, Napa Valley, 2019 - 99 Points; Made by Thomas Rivers Brown (see above)
- Inglenook, Rubicon Estate, Napa Valley 2017 - 98 Points; Made by Philippe Bascaules (Chateau Margaux) and Francis Ford Coppola (Godfather 1, 2, 3)
- Schrader, RBS Beckstoffer to Kalon Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, California, 2019 - 97 Points; Made by Thomas Rivers Brown (see above)
- Shibumi Knoll Vineyards, Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, St. Helena, California, 2019 - 94 Points; Made by Thomas Rivers Brown (see above)
- The Mascot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, California, 2017 (by Harlan Family)
- The Setting Wines, Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley, Sonoma, California, 2019 - 97 Points; Made by Jesse Katz (Apeture, Devils Proof)
- Vangone Estate, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, California, 2018 - 98 Points; Made by Sam Kaplan (Arkenstone, Momento Mori)
- Venge Vineyards, Family Reserve, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, California, 2018 - 96 Points; Made by Kirk Venge (Eleven Eleven, Macauley, Hunnicut, B Cellars, Jax, and Mirror)
- Viña Almaviva, 'Almaviva', Puente Alto, Maipo Valley, Chile, 2019 - 97 Points; Made by Baron Philippe de Rothschild and Viña Concha y Toro (Chateau Mouton Rothschild)
“yes” we can accommodate any food or dietary requirements.
Menus do and probably will change with adjustments at the farmers market.
ABOUT IAN TODD BLACKBURN Wine Educator, Professional Sommelier / Host and Master of Wine Student - I discovered the wine industry while working with Chef’s Thomas Keller and Joachim Splichal in the top dining rooms of Los Angeles. My passion redirected my career from restaurants/hotels to vineyards and wine-education. Now with over 25-years of experience hosting events; leading trips around the wine world; I published a wine book; produced my own wine called Beekeeper Cellars and sat for the difficult Master of Wine Exam! Today, I am considered one of the region's best wine educators and work for my 20,000 followers (follow me), visiting vineyards and wine regions and producing over 100 wine classes and events a year for my businesses and my team.
1995 Learnaboutwine.com was created
2003-2005 TASTE on Two Rodeo – weekly tastings on Rodeo Drive
2005 LASupportsLA donated $250K to Hurricane Katrina Charities
2007 My wine class was featured on ABC’s The Bachelor
2010 Sold 5000 Groupons in one day to survive the great recession
2016 Appeared in the Movie “Sour Grapes” – Yes, Rudi was originally a student
2019 Surpassed 1 million dollars in Charity donations through our various events
2020 Pivoted to our own retail store called Merchantofwine.com & we still deliver!
2022 Appeared in the Movie “A Perfect Vintage”
ZoomIntoWine.com - virtual tastings and education
MerchantofWine.com- procured wines and my wine of the month club
LearnAboutWine.com- wine education and events
Follow me on social media for more!