Thursday, June 8th at 6:45PM
$100 Deposit Towards $479 Ticket | Price Increases to $525 After June 6th
We return again with another rendition of “The Cabernet Dinner” at the iconic JAR restaurant in Los Angeles. At “The Cabernet Dinner” guests taste 21 wines, valued over $6,000 worth of 96-100 point Cabernet; three at a time; blind! And pick their favorites before they are revealed and discussed…. This occurs over a five-course JAR steak dinner designed by the legendary Chef Suzanne Tracht.
This is about as much fun as you can have wine tasting! Fast, fun, and amazing! This flight of wines was inspired by the theme of “Get to know the producers, and the names of the winemakers” “Learning about the brands defining the future of Cabernet” - we lean into the past, and into the future to see what the new top producers are doing to advance this amazing industry. This event is limited to 21 people.
Then the wines are served 3 at a time blind
*We can accommodate any dietary restrictions with a 72 hour notice.
- Ad Vivum, Cabernet Sauvignon, Sleeping Lady Vineyard, Napa Valley, 2016 by Chris Phelps - 96 Points; Made by Chris Phelps (Formerly of Dominus)
- Addax, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, California, 2019 - 94 Points; Made by Russell Beven (Beven, Institution, Chateau Boswell)
- Arkenstone Vineyards, Estate Red, Napa Valley, California, 2018 - 98 Points; Made by Sam Kaplan (Momento Mori, Vangone)
- Cardano, Reserve, Cabernet Sauvignon, Atlas Peak, California, 2019 - 95 Points; Made by Ed Schneider
- Carte Blanche, Beckstoffer Missouri Hopper Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, California, 2019 - 97 Points; Made by Helen Keplinger (Screaming Eagle, Keplinger)
- Castiel Estate, Cabernet Sauvignon, Howell Mountain, Napa Valley 2019 - 97 Points; Made by Celia Welch (Scarecrow, Corra, D.R. Stephens, Staglin Family Vineyard)
- Hundred Acre, Morgan's Way Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley 2019 - 100 Points; (No brand has more 100% scores than Hundred Acre - in the past 15 years)
- Mauritson, 'Loam' Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma County, 2018 - 94 Points; Made by Clay Mauritson (Beekeeper, Charlie Clay, and Mauritson)
- Maybach Family Vineyards, Amoenus, Napa Valley, California, 2019 - 98 Points; Made by Thomas Rivers Brown (Schrader, Senses, Shibumi Knoll, Pulido Walker, and many more - click here to read)
- Melka, "Metisse" Jumping Goat Vineyard, Napa Valley, 2018 - 98 Points; Made by Phillipe Melka (Lail, Grieve Family, Vineyard 29, Roy Estate, Hundred Acre)
- Mount Eden Vineyards, Cabernet Sauvignon, Santa Cruz Mountains, California, 2017 - 97 Points; Made by Jeffery Patterson (Now in his 32nd year)
- PIÑA, Cabernet Sauvignon, 1882 Grant, Howell Mountain, Napa Valley, California, 2018 - 95 Points; Made by Anna Monticelli (Bryant Family, Ilaria, Tether)
- Pulido Walker, Cabernet Sauvignon Mt. Veeder Estate, Napa Valley, 2019 - 99 Points; Made by Thomas Rivers Brown (see above)
- Inglenook, Rubicon Estate, Napa Valley 2017 - 98 Points; Made by Philippe Bascaules (Chateau Margaux) and Francis Ford Coppola (Godfather 1, 2, 3)
- Schrader, RBS Beckstoffer to Kalon Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, California, 2019 - 97 Points; Made by Thomas Rivers Brown (see above)
- Shibumi Knoll Vineyards, Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, St. Helena, California, 2019 - 94 Points; Made by Thomas Rivers Brown (see above)
- The Mascot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, California, 2017 (by Harlan Family)
- The Setting Wines, Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley, Sonoma, California, 2019 - 97 Points; Made by Jesse Katz (Apeture, Devils Proof)
- Vangone Estate, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, California, 2018 - 98 Points; Made by Sam Kaplan (Arkenstone, Momento Mori)
- Venge Vineyards, Family Reserve, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley, California, 2018 - 96 Points; Made by Kirk Venge (Eleven Eleven, Macauley, Hunnicut, B Cellars, Jax, and Mirror)
- Viña Almaviva, 'Almaviva', Puente Alto, Maipo Valley, Chile, 2019 - 97 Points; Made by Baron Philippe de Rothschild and Viña Concha y Toro (Chateau Mouton Rothschild)
*Wine list may change without notice (one bottle will be opened per paying guest)
Jar, a modern chophouse in the heart of Los Angeles, dazzles Angelenos with the allure of Chef Suzanne Tracht’s familiar retro dishes from the American culinary repertoire. Since it's debut in 2002, Jar's devoted fans return again and again to enjoy her signature Pot Roast, Kansas City Steak, wild and sustainable Seafood, Lemongrass Chicken, Black Mussels with Lobster Bearnaise & Fennel Salt, award-winning French Fries, market-fresh sides and perfectly mixed martinis.
8225 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048
A driving force in the Los Angeles culinary scene, Suzanne Tracht has built JAR into one of the most beloved and successful restaurants in Los Angeles. Drawing inspiration from classic American comfort cuisine, JAR is a pilgrimage for passionate eaters and wine lovers from across the country. Opening in 2001 with the help of her longtime Chef de Cuisine Preech Narkthong, Tracht's modern American chophouse continues to receive acclaim for its atmospheric setting and exceptional steaks, braises, and seasonal sides—including her sumptuous signature pot roast, which along with her char siu pork has been cited by culinary heavyweights on the Food Network’s popular series The Best Thing I Ever Ate as worthy of the show’s title.
All tickets are non-refundable. We can adjust your menu for dietary needs up to 72 hours prior without any additional cost. Wines can change without notice, failure or corked wine at the dinner does not result in any type of credit or refund. We open one bottle minimum per paying guest, and can reduce the total number of bottles being opened so that the dinner does not have to cancel should ticket sales not reach the minimum. Fewer bottles / larger pours - you will get the same quantity of wine and we always open the best wines for the quality of the event. Cancellation due to illness is not allowed, you may however take food to go - or assign your seat to someone else without fee. The perishable nature of our product requires no cancellation, no credit, no refunds for any reason.
1. Make the $100 deposit.
2. We will issue you an agreement for the balance.
3. Deposit is non refundable should the event go forward and you have not returned the agreement. Deposit is 100% refundable if the event does not go forward.
4. Due to credit card companies keeping the 3.5% credit card fees - we have moved our premium events in to a deposit and final payment phase so that we do not suffer large losses if the event cancels for any reason.
I discovered the wine industry while working with Chef’s Thomas Keller and Joachim Splichal in the top dining rooms of Los Angeles. My passion redirected my career from restaurants/hotels to vineyards and wine-education. Now with over 25-years of experience hosting events; leading trips around the wine world; I published a wine book; produced my own wine called Beekeeper Cellars and sat for the difficult Master of Wine Exam! Today, I am considered one of the region's best wine educators and work for my 20,000 followers (follow me), visiting vineyards and wine regions and produce over 100 wine classes and events a year for my businesses and my team.